We look forward to meeting you on your first visit to our office. During this time, we will help you get acquainted with our office and learn about your orthodontic treatment. We understand that each patient's treatment is different, and we promise to give you the personal attention you deserve. At this appointment diagnostic records will be taken, which includes X-rays and photos. This appointment will last approximately one hour. Your first visit will consist of an examination and discussion of potential treatment options. This important visit will address your orthodontic needs to determine if this is the proper time to begin treatment.
During the initial examination for each patient, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until
- appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
While we can often answer these general questions about treatment during the initial examination, we will address specific areas after careful analysis of the diagnostic records. We feel it is important to analyze each patient's specific needs, because in-depth planning leads to superior results and higher patient satisfaction.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Any panoramic X-ray taken within the past six months.
- If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card. By providing this information at the first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your costs.
To prepare for your first visit, download your paperwork, print, fill it out and bring it with you to your appointment.